Today I worked on my two Blue Gills, and began a large trout on which I will be using an artificial head.
Carving such small forms in the foam is delicate work. Thankfully my little hands are extraordinarily nimble.

After the skin is cleaned of all flesh, it's good to soak it for a bit.

All sewn up and carded!

blub blub blub.

After school I went into the barn and played on my hoop:
then took a walk back into the woods to see if the deer corpse I'd dragged out there had been enjoyed. By the looks of it, yes. SOrry for the low quality picture; the sun had set and light was fading.

I had a quiet evening consisting of a long bath, laundry, and the movie "Infamous", at which I wept during the end. I think being immersed in death has made me even more sympathetic to the rest of the world. As long as they keep their distance.
No comments:
Post a Comment