Here is me carving a form for my Perch:

And here is my headless Trout:

Some taxidermists prefer to use artificial heads for fish like Trout and Salmon because the heads shrink significantly during the drying time. There is also oil stored in the head cavity which must be removed, and then covered up aith sculpted epoxy. It's more work, more time, and in commercial taxidermy not economical to fuss over something that can just be tossed out and replaced.

Sewing up my Perch:

I enjoy skinning fish as well as carving the forms. Honestly though, I'm not excited by fish wall mounts. It does nothing for me. Given my druthers, I'd be making a mermaid instead.
I drove home straight from school for an aerial gig that fell through. Long story short, I'm learning that red tape, and how I choose to maneuver my way through it, will be a major theme in my life for the next year or so.
Here's me playing God with static in my room.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.
No comments:
Post a Comment