Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Sometimes it's nice to hunt for it."

I woke up to some heavy snowfall today; it took over an hour to get to school.  I drove like a granny behind a tractor-trailer who speeding along despite skidding twice.



This is the crossing guard I pass daily.  I have an obsession with school busses and crossing guards up here; it's such serious business.  Each day he gets out there, sets up his road flares, dons his reflective vest and LED light strands, and waves us on with his glow-stick.  It's like driving through a rave every morning.







We worked on our Buffleheads; here is mine with the inverted skull. I'm getting really good at cleaning them out.  The little bits of stuff you see is sawdust, from the tumbler.







Here's the completed mount; I put her in a grooming pose to add a little variety to my repertoire.







I look at this sticker on the fridge every day when I go to retrieve my lunch and only just realised that it's a joke.







I had a quiet evening of reading and was in bed by 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment