Meet this witchy woman. A commissioned piece for a lovely client, I was basically given carte blanche for a head mount. These are my favorite projects because the mount really takes shape organically. It might sound corny but I'm being completely sincere when I say that I let the creature guide me in terms of its embellishment/projected personality traits.
I was getting some serious Priestess vibes from this raccoon and rolled with it.
I incorporated some dyed deer tail hair in the whiskers and "Mohawk":

Her paws hold an antique silver jewelry bowl which was part of a set I purchased at a flea market a while back. I wanted this piece to be functional in some capacity and this bowl conveys a cauldron element while serving as an intimate space to store/stash love notes, wishes, contraband, jewelry, etc.
Her face is also embellished with assorted Pheasant feathers:
I just got the word that she arrived safely and is already right at home on my client's wall. This brings me tremendous joy.




No comments:
Post a Comment