Thursday, June 6, 2013

Past Lives


Around the same time I was in taxidermy school in 2010, I was in the height of my obsession with aerial dance.  I brought my hoop up with me to the Poconos and would practice in the barn outside of the cabin after school most days: 





While I have a place to rehearse back home now, its not easy to get to and not always accessible.  My muscles have certainly atrophied and life is just different. I hope my love affair with the hoop isn't over but merely on hiatus.  It's a magical feeling, defying gravity.  I obviously never made it to Cirque performer level but I worked some aerial gigs here and there.  Here's a video I made of myself rehearsing a dance I choreographed for myself. Pretty good for being mostly self taught.  There's some painfully slow and awkward points but you can tell I love it. 



It saddens me that this part of my life has taken a backseat.  My time is completely consumed with my baby right now- which is Diamond Tooth.  This leaves little time for pretty much anything else.  I hope someday to achieve a better sense of balance but right now it's all taxidermy all the time.  Perhaps my interest in other things will get a breath of life through this blog as I remember and celebrate them.Are there any passions you've had to put on hold while pursuing other dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment