Anyway, back to the bear paw-it was really neat to touch a part of a bear when I've never even seen one in person. Feeling the claws; I could easily imagine it slicing my face to pieces.

As I skinned it, I marveled over how similar the actual anatomy seemed to my own hand.

Working with the bear was also a nice reprieve from the marathon of starlings over the weekend; the skin was thick and tough and very pleasant to work with. While I enjoy the process of working with birds; I consider it significantly more difficult to mount than a less delicate specimen like mammoth fur paw.

Here it is, fleshed out:

I made a form and mounted the paw, sewed it shut and am now in the process of embellishing git to the desired effect. I have 5 pieces in two shows coming up very soon; I just have to make the pieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment