SO I made my first taxidermy chair. Behold:
I, along with several other local designers, was asked to create a custom chair for an auction to kick off this year's Philadelphia Design Festival. The Popup Place should be a fantastic soiree as its being held at Bahdeebahdu (a heavenly spot where excellent times are consistently had by all) and stocked with tasty treats and bevvies. I think it will e just the evening to debut a certain feline stole I've been working on...
If you're in or near Philly and would like to attend, get more info here. I hope to see you there!
Oh right. The chair. Basically we all were provided with a plain old IKEA seat, and told to go wild. I mounted some calf legs to the steel chair legs, and upholstered the seat with the calf's hide.
This was an 80 pound dairy calf that I skinned and tanned myself. Now that I mention it, I got it from one of the lovely gents of Little Baby's Ice Cream- he fetched it from their local dairy farmer- who will be serving up treats at this Design event. Connection, connections.
I was feeling folk inspired to I incorporated some brightly colored woven tapestry with tassels onto the legs and back and voila. Diamond Tooth's first foray into chair making.







No comments:
Post a Comment