Enjoy one of my favorite Who songs while skimming through this quickie blog post one what turned out to not be such a quickie job:
Thia song has nothing to do with this ram skull other than it popped into my head when I was writing the title to this post. And ANY excuse to watch Keith Moon's antics on the drums, and Pete Townsend's pants is good enough for me.
So a guy brought a ram skull to me last week, wrapped in palstic inside a plastic bin. Sadly I didn't have the presence of mind to photograph it when it first arrived, but the thing STUNK. I smelled it before he had even opened the bag. Once I got to peer inside though, all I saw was a healthy, throbbing colony of beetles occupying this skull.
I ushered him and his packaged out to the hallway as if we were handling some sort of bio hazard. Which we kind of were. There's a reason I don't keep plants in my studio, or anything earthy/alive. I am absolutely terrified of infestation, especially in a studio so small and packed as mine-beetles, moths, etc could decimate my entire collection easy.
One "horn" had already come off when I received it, the other slid off as Rammy was soaking. This is a good thing because I was able to get into all the little crevices and scrub him up real good.
After the lengthy cleaning process, it was just a matter of reattaching the horns and sealing them up with an epoxy clay.
He wanted it to be wall mountable so I attached hanging hardware (screwed in D rings) onto the proper rigging point on each horn.





No comments:
Post a Comment