These earrings are surprisingly easy and fun to wear; they're lighter than they look and give the wearer something to fiddle with, talk about or just enjoy the movement of.
I struggle to find a tag or reference name to go with pieces like this, as bone art is not actually taxidermy. The term "osteopathicraft" was recently suggested to me but it's a bit of a mouthful so I'm going to go with "Osteocraft" for now. If you can com up with something better, please tell me your ideas in the comments!
First up: Rat Skull filigree earrings joined by black silk fringe:

The skull and fringe are both pleasantly lightweight and easy on the lobes.


Next: Pearlized Grey Fox jawbones earrings joined by a double strand of pearl beaded chain. These are just a tad heavier than the rat skull earrings but completely wearable nonetheless.

I painted a pearlescent paint on the jaw and left a stripe untouched, just for fun:

Thirdly, we have a pair of pearlized grey fox jaw bone earrings with filigree detail joined by white silk fringe:

Last but not least, Pearlized Grey Fox jaw bone earrings joined by a single strand of pearl beaded chain, with added chain and pearl detail:

Ding-a-ling-a-ling!

I am constantly producing these so if you want something you're not seeing please contact me for a custom order. Otherwise, get yourself to Wilbur Vintage ASAP and scoop up a pair!
No comments:
Post a Comment