Thursday, January 6, 2011

Squish

I don't know why it took so long for that term to come to me.  Before two minutes ago I was calling this thing a "Squirrmaid" and a "Merrrrrell".  None of these names could be considered accurate, however, I suppose a more scientific name would be something akin to Scuiridae Piscis. When it's all said and done though, Squish is just the easiest to say.



This is a piece from my most recent show at Michael Vincent Gallery; he is made from a grey squirrel hailing all the way from Ohio and a Coho Salmon from the Great Lakes..







I'm intrigues lately by the tagging and tracking of animals.  I expect to experiment more with this in the future.



Also, here is the raccoon (still awaiting a name from the recipient)I made for my husband, photographed the way he deserves:







Who, me?



No comments:

Post a Comment