I was recently commissioned by a local Academy student to create a squirrel in a boxing pose-high chamber, I reckon it's called- to be employed as a reference for a series of paintings he wanted to create. I sourced a nice specimen from storage and got to work, quite enthused. While I am happy as a clam to be doing any type of taxidermy at all; it's these unusual requests the really float my boat. The squirrel form required some altering of the arms to present the correct posture, but the rest of the job was pretty cut and dry. Nature didn't bless my little friend with the best tail in the world, but nimble fingers and glue can work wonders.

The front paws are set to resemble curled fists; I believe the client is creating a pair of miniature boxing gloves to be donned at a later date.
No comments:
Post a Comment